Grateful Dead Live at Greek Theatre - University of California on 1986-06-22
It Must Have Been The Roses
New Minglewood Blues
Big Railroad Blues
Mama Tried ->
Hell In A Bucket ->
Might As Well
Fire On The Mountain ->
Samson And Delilah
Ship Of Fools ->
Man Smart (Woman Smarter) ->
Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad ->
Stella Blue ->
Turn On Your Lovelight
Box Of Rain
Recording Location: Official Tapers Section
PCM to DAW Transfer by Mike Grace
Sony SL-HF900 Betamax > Sony PCM-601ESD SPDIF out > RME DIGI9652 sound card SPDF in > Wavelab 4 wav file
* Transfer into 24bit/44.1kHz wav files.
* The biggest challenge was getting the bata tapes to playback without dropouts.
* The best process was doing a full fast forward/rewind to repack the tape.
* Then play about 10 minutes of the PCM tape and tweak the tracking for the strongest playback envelope.
* Next Mike ran the transfer of the entire set and write down the time position of any dropouts.
* If any dropouts occured he replayed the same section to new wav files for a complete no drop out transfer
* Usually the second or third pass works.
* Using a Wavelab montage Mike edited the patch to line up to the exact sample and use no cross fade.
Editing and Mastering: Jamie Waddell on the GEMS Edit Station.
Primarily this was emphasis and DC offset removal
Weiss Saracon for 16 BIT 44.1kHz SRC and POWR-3 Dither
Tracked in Wavelab, FLACd Flac Frontend level 8
Tag & Rename for FLAC Meta-Tagging SBE FREE
As far as this recording goes it is surely a 4 out 5 star rating in my book. Has every member coming threw the tape. Enjoy the show for what it's worth not judging it to years past makes this one a good quality to download.
Subject: Hot for '86
Uploaded by Matthew Vernon on